CCSD’s highly diverse student population offers a wide range of contexts for conducting educational research and program evaluations. Therefore, we receive numerous requests from a variety of individuals and organizations for permission to conduct research within our District. Before conducting research in CCSD, studies must be approved through CCSD’s research review process. This is done through the online Research Application and Release of Student Information System located at ccsdapps.net/v/rareview, which handles research applications as well as requests for the release of student information. Please log in to CCSDAPPS using the instructions below.
Online Application Login Instructions
- If you are a CCSD employee, log in to CCSDAPPS using your Active Directory credentials and access the application by selecting Research Application & Release of Student Information System from the applications (services) listing.
- If you are not a CCSD employee, and don’t yet have an account, please create one by going to Research Application & Release of Student Information System and clicking the button that says Log in to CCSDAPPS. Then click the button that says Public Registration and fill out the form. Make sure to use a valid email address during the account creation process, as notification emails pertaining to your application will be sent to that address. Once your account is created, you can access the application using your email address and password and follow the instructions to submit a Letter of Intent and later complete your full research application.
Note: If you are requesting student data, please note that in most cases we will require that you go through the full research review process by completing a research application and having it approved before your student data request is granted.
Research Review Process Steps
- Submit letter of intent
- Letter of Intent review
- Notification of Letter of Intent review decision
- Invitation to submit a research application
- Submit research application
- CCSD division or department application review
- Committee review
- Notification of review decision
A full description of these steps can be found within the Research Application & Release of Student Information System.
Notification of review decision
Applicants will be notified via email of approval or rejection of the application. If approved, the applicant will be asked to read and agree to the conditions described in the conditions of approval form. Letters of intent and all other application material should be submitted through the Research Application Submission System.
The following materials are provided for your information.